Monday, May 11, 2015

Why blog?

It has been exactly one year and one week since my accident. I was on my way to Los Angeles to go to an opening of an art show when my tire blew out, my truck rolled, I hit a curb, and broke my neck. For those of you who are interested, the art show was Mark Ryden's Gay 90s show (http://markryden.com/paintings/gay_90s_west/index.html). We were so excited to have been invited. There was no way we were going to miss it.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd become quadriplegic, but here I am learning a new way to live. I say I'm an Official Bad Ass because you have to be a bad ass to learn how to live with a disability, such as mine. While I was in the hospital, I decided that no longer would I pull my punches, mince my words, hide in the background, or go away quietly. So here I am, my voice loud and proud hoping to make a difference as a disabled person. In this blog, I hope to share my challenges and victories, hopes and dreams, and information I gather along the way. Surely somebody will be able to relate to my story. Perhaps the telling of it will be healing in its own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment