Saturday, May 23, 2015

The ongoing saga

So this subject is already starting to be boring. However, I have to keep writing about it because I know this is an issue for lots of people. I have home health nurse practitioner who comes to see me once per month. These home health practitioners have been awesome. They feel that my doctors denying my pain medication is patient neglect and unethical. I agree. Still, it was helpful for them to validate what I've been feeling. They told me that it's not my fault. I was beginning to feel like I have a problem just due to the way the doctors were treating me. Come to find out that there's an issue between the home health agency and the county clinic in terms of policy. The county clinic has globally decided to be very sparse in addressing pain across the board, no matter what your situation. The home health agency is not ready to fill in the gap, nor should they. What this means to the patient is that quality of life is reduced. I'm trying to get ready to take a licensing exam and I need to be on my toes, so to speak. It's hard to do that when you're in pain. Not to mention the toll that it takes on my mood. Sleep is also impacted. This clinic is not only been negligent in addressing my pain, but also keeping my medication for spasms, up-to-date and refillable. In spite of my contribution of bringing a list of medicines that I needed to have refilled. I think I probably need a lawyer rather than a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment