Tuesday, May 19, 2015

We are all connected…

Today I'm not having the best day personally, but I am grateful to have this blog so that I can get out of myself. I have home health that sends a nurse practitioner to my home monthly. She was happy to hear about my blog as she has a family member who is also quadriplegic. We talked about isolation and depression and how important it is to have a purpose in life. In a previous post, I urged people to get out to support group, but what I didn't remember is not everyone lives near Berkeley, California. Again, another lucky stroke for me. However, for those who don't live near a support group, there is always online group activity, face time, and webcasts. I cannot stress the importance of connecting with someone. If you're looking for a way to connect and don't know which way to turn please contact me and I'll do whatever I can to help. My profile contains my contact information. In any case, the thought of perhaps being able to brighten the day of someone who lives in another state, but is also quadriplegic and maybe feeling a little alone, gave me every reason to get up and blog today. Always remember reach out to someone, chances are you are helping them more than they help you. Never feel like you may be bothering someone because the truth is, you are probably making their day. In fact, you may be saving their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment