Saturday, May 30, 2015

Going Muzak

I propose we change the old saying "going postal" to "going Muzak!" I spend a lot of my time making phone calls to doctors or doctors offices and I am subjected to quite a bit of terrible Muzak. I'm usually not in the best mood when I'm waiting on hold to find out about a referral that I've been working on for six months.The other day I found myself listening to about six rounds of the most horrific Muzak that I've ever heard. Finally, I opted out and left a message. I made sure I let them know that they should please change their music before someone hurts themselves. Having a sense of humor sure does help!

1 comment:

  1. In my job I'm on hold alot! The Muzak runs the gammit from Norwegian Pop (which I listened to today for about 2 hours) Hawaiian, Swahili, Chinese and Japanese. I think I just tune out the tunes. When I seem to be on an endless hold, I get busy doing another task and when someone does answer I've forgotten who I've called, gotta laugh at myself, because no one else will.

    ReplyDelete