Saturday, May 30, 2015

A resolution…

Finally, I have some kind of a resolution. I saw a new doctor today in Fairfield. Evidently I had to see this doctor because she is a MD. I may have said before that the last Dr. that was seeing me, had left the county. The clinic I was going to only had nurse practitioners available. So when my new doctor entered the room today, she had a very negative attitude. We went back and forth over my medication. She asked many questions which I believe led her to the conclusion that I am not med-seeking. We have decided to try a new medication. One that I had asked for previously. I was told that my insurance wouldn't likely cover it. Turns out this doctor will have to do a treatment authorization request more commonly known as a TAR. These requests take a lot of time to write out so that may be the reason no one wanted to do it.Medical doctors have a difficult job. Mostly their actions are guided by policies that are set by institutions and governments. Still, the bottom line is all patients should be given the benefit of a doubt, respect, and compassion. After all, we are talking about quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment