Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The love and support of friends and family…

I am so grateful for the love and support of my friends and family. Without them I would be completely lost. Even people I hadn't spoke with for many years have been in touch with me to offer their support. I feel so blessed. Prior to my injury, I was a grudge holder. Part of becoming an official bad ass meant that I needed to learn how to forgive. What they say about grudges is true, it only hurts you. People with disabilities risk becoming isolated. Isolation and depression are very common. The thing that has kept me going for this last year has been the support and love of all my friends and family. I'm also trying to get out in the world and talk with people and meet people. Tomorrow night, there is a support group for people with spinal cord injuries in Berkeley. My plan is to be there and make some new friends. There are support groups for everyone in every situation. If you are feeling lonely, get out there and make some new friends. Loneliness is the human condition. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment