Friday, May 22, 2015

The dilemma continues…

I hate to go on and on, but today I had another appointment with my primary care physician. Actually it was a substitute PCP. My PCP has moved on and they cannot tell me who will be his replacement. Before he left, he reduced my medication by 60%. He only left me with one month's worth of medication and no plan for what I would do afterwards. The substitute refused to help me. So now I have to meet a new medical doctor in a week and have to suffer in the meanwhile. I take a medical Van to my appointments and I have to have a form signed for it to be covered by my insurance. On the form they asked for a diagnosis. So now my Van driver gets to have the information of why I was at the doctor, which is kind of embarrassing. Whatever happened to patient confidentiality? If you have ever experienced nerve pain, I'm sure you would understand my angst. Of course right now my feet feel like there's sitting in a vat of chemical acid. Somehow I will keep my chin up and march on. I understand that yesterday there was a day of action in Sacramento, advocating for disability policies. I wish I had been there because there's certainly a lot of policies that need to be changed. Maybe next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment