Monday, May 18, 2015

The Bus To Berkeley Blues

Every weekend I try to get out of the house. I usually take the bus and Bart to Berkeley. It is always an adventure to take the bus. This weekend the first bus driver argued with us about the cost. When we dared to question the fare, he said very loudly, "oh, forget it, it's free." Sounds nice but really it was embarrassing. We called the office to see if we could get some clarification. No one in the office knew what the fare should be. I get a variety of answers when I ask the price. It seems like someone should know. On the return trip, the bus driver did not tie my chair down properly. As soon as we took a curve, my chair tipped over and my face was pressed against the window. Luckily my caregiver was able to pull my chair back and save me. I was glad to live through the day. In any case, we had a good time at the Berkeley fleamarket.

2 comments:

  1. It is unacceptable for professionals to be so inept. You could have been seriously injured. The transit authority has a responsibility to transport you in a fashion that will not cause harm. They need ongoing education on how to work with people with disabilities.

    ReplyDelete