Tuesday, July 7, 2015

There's work to do…

Today I have something to do and for that I am grateful. My colleague has asked me to assist him in a group process with his staff. This will be the first chance I've had to work since my injury and I am excited about it. Lately there have been so many good things happening and still I find myself grieving the loss of my old life. There is so much I need help with just to get through the day. I tell myself "no sniveling." Still I struggle all day long to keep it positive. I have such great role models to look to yet the reality is what it is. I'm sure I'm not alone because this is difficult for anyone. Thank you to everyone for all the love and support that gets me through the day. Thank you for the tolerance that those around me must have just to deal with my moaning and groaning. Somehow I will find a way to accept the cards that I've been dealt. My goal is to even rise above and thrive in my life despite my disability. While I'm here, I want to make the most of it.

1 comment: