Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day

It seems like just about all of my life Independence Day has had great significance. There was a time in my life, long ago, when I was hopelessly lost. I was homeless, drug addicted, and an emotional wreck. I remember more than one Fourth of July where it dawned on me how I was anything but independent. Yesterday I got to celebrate a bit of independence in that I got in my Van and went to a party. I cried tears of joy just sitting in my Van riding with my girlfriend. It reminded me of days gone by and the things that we used to do together. It was a nice feeling. I will need to get my lift worked on a bit because the swing arm did not work for me and I couldn't get out of the Van. That's okay because the Van's a really great thing. I also want to get the roof raised and if I need to possibly get a new lift. My wheelchair broke as well. So now I cannot shift my weight. Hopefully I can get the repair person to come straight away and fix the chair. I may have to spend at whole day in bed in order to get it fixed. That's a real drag for me. Anyway, just taking things one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment