Thursday, July 9, 2015

Soldier

I remember being in a support group while I was in rehab and someone said, "When you get home you'll be fighting for your life." I didn't know what they meant at the time but I sure know now. I have a lot of things going on and it seems like everything is a fight. I've decided to change my primary care physician at the suggestion of my home health care nurse practitioner whom I trust very much. However, in the meantime I'm dealing with health issues that are unresolved and important. My last provider either mistakenly or purposely decreased the number of hours I have for in-home support services. These are the hours that my caregivers get paid to assist me. I have no use of my hands so I need someone with me at all times. Right now all I have is 18 hours per day when I did have 24 hours per day. That is a huge difference. Not sure what I'm supposed to do for the six hours that I have no care. I also am struggling with a bedsore. I don't have the appropriate dressings. So I am managing the best I can until I get my new provider which won't be until the 15th. My wounds from my fall are healing but there is a risk for infection. I have no pain medications. I still have not completed my referral to UCSF. I need to get my Van lift repaired. I'm trying to study for my exam. I'm looking for housing. Sometimes it all gets to be so much! Let's just hope the new physician will be more helpful and then I can focus on other things.

2 comments:

  1. When I finish up summer school I would LOVE to help you study
    Allyson

    ReplyDelete