Saturday, July 18, 2015

A great flick

I finally got a chance to see the movie, a Theory of Everything. It's a movie about Stephen Hawking's life. I especially appreciated the sensitivity the movie showed towards the difficulty of keeping a relationship as well as the importance of relationships. The movie showed just enough struggle to give you an inside view but not so much that it was pitiful. Stephen Hawking's life philosophy was or is that as long as there is life there is hope. I keep thinking about that and I will keep it in hand for myself.

As for myself, things have been pretty busy. I had a visit from the assistive technology guy with the Department of rehab and he assessed me for equipment that will improve by ability to work on the computer. Looks like I may get a new workstation and some training. The guy gave me some training while he was here, which will make my life easier as I'm studying for my exam.

I have a new primary care healthcare provider who does home visits and understands chronic care. I am hopeful that I will have less problems getting the care that I need. Looks like my referral to UCSF is just about complete and I'm looking forward to having this tracheostomy removed. I am hoping to be able to do some physical therapy in a pool.

A warm thank you to everyone who's been so supportive, especially to Colleen who has stuck by me throughout these traumatic events. I really want to acknowledge how difficult this has been for her. I also want to give myself a high 5 for doing everything that I've done this year. It's been a difficult year, but a lot of progress has been made and I need to remember that. As long as there is life there is hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment